How many times have you tried to call a participant today just to be sent straight to voicemail? That’s not just you. Unknown phone calls are ignored by 8 out of 10 Americans.
In today’s world, text messaging is the most engaging form of communication. Most people prefer texting. Why should texting be a part of your clinical research enrollment and retention communication plan?
- Text messages are read by recipients. SMS has an incredible 98% open rate, so participants will be more likely to read your education and awareness campaigns.
- Text messages have high response rates. Texts have a 209% higher response rate than both phone calls and emails. Contacting participants via text leads to an increased rate of response.
- Text messaging reaches everyone. 5 billion people in the world can send and receive text messages. Text messaging increases access to world-class medical innovation by allowing more people to participate.
- Text messaging is a 24/7 technology. The ascrynous capacity of texting enables participants to respond in their own time, improving response rates.
- Text messaging allows participants to reach researchers directly. Text messaging is a direct, instant technology that streamlines communication between researcher and participant.
Root Health provides an AI- driven virtual assistant, called Root, that engages participants automatically through text messaging. Root proactively reminds participants of their next study steps with personalized texts and immediate responses. In one study, Root engaged participants so effectively that survey compliance increased by 200%.
Root empowers participants to connect on their own time with 24/7 availability. When given the opportunity with Root, 20% of appointments were scheduled by participants outside normal business hours. This flexibility is key to improving communication and response rates in clinical research.
One Vice President of Engagement at a top research site said, “Root takes things 10 steps further than any other texting software we’ve seen.” Root has successfully engaged participants for world-class clinical researchers with a 92% satisfaction rate.
The days of communicating with participants after the tone are over, text messaging is the most effective way to engage with participants in clinical research.